Welcome to the Iraqi Social Forum Page!
Who we are: The Iraqi Social Forum is a joint project between Iraqi social movements, Iraqi trade unions, Civil society organizations and Many individual Iraqi social justice activists.
Our Challenge: “Another Iraq is Possible with Peace, Human Rights, and Social Justice” is the slogan of the Iraqi Social Forum, which aims to integrate the citizens and civil society organizations of Iraq in the WSF process.
Objectives of the Forum:
To support the vital, on-going expansion of social justice movements in Iraq, Iraqis and internationals are working together to establish an Iraqi Social Forum that will be an open political and social space for movements, organizations, and individuals, who share a progressive agenda, to gather together in Iraq. The Forum will facilitate the exchange of information and coordination of activities among Iraqi civil society organizations. Several Iraqi NGOs and unions are already working under the slogan “Another Iraq is Possible”, to organize a Forum based upon the principles of the World Social Forum Charter, which unites people worldwide who struggle for human rights, peace and social justice, and against neoliberal policies and militarism. The Forum is planned for September 2013 in Baghdad. In the spirit of the Arab Spring, the Forum organizers have declared, “through the power of the people we will build democracy and respect for human rights; corruption must end; we will provide food and work for our youth”.
Ways you can get Involved:
- International Call for Participants, Iraqi Social Forum-Baghdad September 2013
- Stay up to date with the Latest News about all the actions and activities of the Iraqi Social Forum.
- To visit the Iraqi Social Forum website, Click here (in Arabic).
- Be part of the conversation on OpenFSM.
- We want to make the information about the Iraqi Social Forum accessible. Here you can find all ISF Documents and Resources.
- You can like our Iraqi Social Forum Facebook Page and share it with your friends.
- Join our Facebook Group.
- Subscribe to the Iraqi Social Forum Mailing List.
- Ismaeel Dawood – Iraq, – towards the Social Forum: