Under the theme “Activating the role of the young people in the process of Peace Building and Social Cohesion after ISIS in Nineveh Governorate”
Peace and Freedom org. and PAX org. within “we are all citizens” program, in cooperation with the Nineveh Provincial Council, the Youth Advisory Committee and a number of youth voluntary initiatives, will hold the second conference for youth of Nineveh in Erbil, on 16th – 17th of December 2016.
The conference will last for two days. During the first day, more than 100 youth coming from different areas of Nineveh Governorate and representing diverse components, will discuss the role that young people must play in promoting a peaceful future within their governorate. During the second day, 50 guests representing official authorities of the local government, local and international organizations, UN agencies and media will be exposed to the vision presented by the youth regarding the peaceful future of Nineveh.
In the first day, the youth will focus on four topics of discussion:
- Role of youth in peace building and peaceful coexistence and community reconciliation after ISIS.
- Role of youth in normal life in Nineveh after ISIS.
- Problems faced by young people “education and immigration”
- Role of the youth voluntary initiatives in the displacement and during the return.
The young people will design an action plan that will guide future youth and civil society efforts in building a peaceful future in Nineveh in accordance with the current reality on the ground.
The action plan developed by the youth will be presented to local authorities, representatives of local and international organizations, UN agencies and the media during the 2nd day.
The conference aims to:
- Discuss the reality of youth of Nineveh and understand the work of the different youth teams.
- Identify problems and needs to active the role of the young people in promoting a peaceful future in Nineveh.
- Develop an action plan to activate the role of youth in building a peaceful future in Nineveh, with a particular focus on strengthening social cohesion and ensuring community reconciliation.
- Elect five new members of the Youth Advisory Committee to the Nineveh Provincial Council.
This conference is a follow up to the first Nineveh’s youth conference which was hold in August 2014 in the frame of “We are all citizens” program.