“Summit of peoples, not summit of Rulers”
There are preparations are made for doing the Arabic summit in Baghdad in the last of the current month (March), this summit will be in Baghdad and have reflections advantages on the Arabic – Arabic relations, like closing the page of Iraqi isolation on his Arabic surroundings, that many circumstances imposed on Iraq, and most of these circumstance were the X-regime policy and the Arabic suspicion of the New political system in Iraq after the change. Also the Arabic spring and falling many dictatorships and including others with the winds of change, all these things will impose on the agenda of summit.
In order to make this summit different on those summits that doesn’t care about Arabic people and its data. We see it is important to provide space of discussions for the cases that care about peoples, and we don’t not trust that our leaders who will not put our affairs in their agenda, we are preparing an idea comes from our belief in our abilities and by using the legal means. This idea sheds a light on the suggested axes, hoping to reach the Arabic summit in Baghdad. We suggest many axes listed below:-
First axis: relations nature between Arabic states:
- Building relations between Arabic states depend on the mutual cooperation.
- Forbidding all forms of wars, aggression, and using weapons between countries.
- Respecting the sovereignty of each state.
- Strengthening and progress in all forms of cooperation in all levels (economic, social, and cultural).
Second axis: the democratic inside Arabic rule systems:
- Using democratic system in the system of state’s rule.
- Citizen’s contribution in managing state’s affairs.
- Strengthening the principle of peaceful transforming for authority through elections.
- Working on the programs of strategies to activate continuous developments.
- Opening space in front of women and youths
- Narrowing the space between rich and poor people and achieving social equity principle.
Third axis: making the establishments of Arab League democratic:
- Projection of democratic feature inside Arab League’ establishments and its groups.
- Developing the Arabic League according to the needs of modern time to join the development in the international, national, and regional organizations.
- Supporting and activating the cooperation between the civil society organizations and Arab League’s establishments.
- Adjusting the mechanisms of choosing the general secretary of Arab league, and not to be limited on the league headquarter’ country only.
Tamouze organization for social development
12 March 2012
Download PDF of this statement here
Visit Tammuz website : www.tammuz.net